Business & Community Resilience Co-Creation & Conference
23 Oct 2019, 1.00 PM
HIGH-LEVEL CONFERENCE AND CO-CREATION FOR DISASTER RISK REDUCTION AND RISK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Indonesia is in one of the world's most natural disaster-prone areas and is at risk to multiple hazards, including flooding, earthquakes, landslides, tsunami, volcanic eruptions, and cyclones. The Indonesian National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), is increasingly engaging with the private sector (law 24/2007 on business involvement in disaster management and Head of BNPB Reg.12/2014).
This event aims at encouraging cooperation between national and international companies, BNPB and local Government, UN Agencies and national & international non-government organizations present in Indonesia, as we foresee a large potential for public-private partnerships in the disaster risk management area.
The event also aims at exploring how companies can directly support the resilience of communities in disaster-prone areas where they operate. Protecting the main business asset -the workforce- employees, families, and surrounding communities from disasters is a "shared value" investment for business continuity and to advance corporate social responsibility.
Business participants will have the opportunity to:
- Network with national and international disaster management stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Promote technical solutions for disaster management.
- Position as a Resilience Champion and promote direct engagement in community resilience.
- Faisal Djalal, Chairperson at Asia Pacific Aliance for Disaster Management http://apadm.org/
- Rahmawati (Ama) Husein, Advisory Board BNPB, Vice Chair MDMC, Assistant Professor at Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
- Kyatmaja Lookman, Deputy General Chairman at Asosiasi Pengusaha Truk Indonesia (APTRINDO) http://aptrindo.or.id/
- Muliawan Margadana, Representative at Asosiasi Pengusaha Indonesia https://apindo.or.id/
- Toshi Nakamura, Co-founder, CEO of Kopernik https://kopernik.info
- Wailayati Ningsih, Sr. Manager Sustainable Development at PT. Tirta Investama (AQUA) https://aqua.co.id/en/danone-aqua-supports-the-development-of-circular-economy-for-plastic-packaging-in-indonesia
- Elizabeth Petheo, Regional Representative & Associate Principal at Miyamoto International, Inc., Earthquake + Structural Engineers https://miyamotointernational.com/
- Claire Quillet, CEO and Founder of Towards Sustainable Business http://www.tsb.co.id/wash/
- Victor Rembeth, Google DRR Project Director of Save the Children Indonesia https://www.stc.or.id/
- Dr. Nofrisel SE, MM, Chairman Board of Experts at Indonesia Logistic Association (ALI)
- Josephine Satyono, Executive Director of Indonesia Global Compact Network (IGCN) https://www.indonesiagcn.org/
- Johan Tinnerholm, COO at Global warning system https://www.safeture.com - watch the video
- Mani Wannan, Vice-President Asia Business Development at Prime Design Sweden AB http://www.baselight.se/
- Zuraina Zaharin, President at ECOLOO Group