The Consulate General of Sweden in Shanghai represents Sweden in Shanghai and the provinces Anhui, Jiangsu, and Zhejiang. The mission of the Consulate General of Sweden in Shanghai is to promote Swedish interests in the consular district and to promote exchange between Sweden and East China. The Consulate General shall also provide good service in migration and consular matters. The Consulate General currently has 17 employees and is now recruiting a visa assistant. This is a full-time, temporary employment for the period of April 3 to October 31, 2018.
As part of an 8 staff-member team, the duties include:
- receive and register applications for visas and residence/work permits
- conduct interviews with applicants in Chinese or in English
- answer inquiries by telephone/e-mail
- provide assistance to the migration section with duties specific to the peak-season
- excellent knowledge of the Chinese and English languages
- prior experience from public service and administrative work
- good computer skills
- university degree is preferred
- knowledge of the Swedish language and culture is an advantage
The position requires ability to work in a team and to interact in a high-tempo environment, capability to adapt to routines, and an understanding to perform duties where focus is on efficiency and quality service to the general public.
Please submit your application, CV and salary claim to the Consulate General no later than March16, 2018. List names of three persons who can recommend you.
Your application should be sent by e-mail to
For further information please contact Annèt Karlsson Fouda, Consul, phone no: 021 - 5359 9622 or mobile phone no: 156 1804 8702.
Read more about the Consulate General on our website