The Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna hereby invites you to participate in an equality themed photo contest. The theme equality is open to participants’ interpretation but could consist of photographs of individuals that through their actions, professions or lifestyles challenge gender stereotypes and/or share responsibilities in an equal and inspiring way.
Entries can be submitted until midnight on 1 of June 2018. The winner and prizes will be chosen by a jury panel comprised of representatives from the Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna, the United Nations in Vienna and the Swedish institute.
Winning photographs will be displayed at the United Nations in Vienna and on the Embassy/Permanent Mission’s social media channels.
1. Organizer: The Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna is launching a photo contest on the topic of equality (#equality4allSE). Participation is free of charge.
2. The photo contest is open to amateur and professional photographers of any age and nationality. Each entrant is restricted to one entry (i.e. one photo and written description/motivation per person).
3. Participation is exclusively on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter but participants are free to share their posts wider.
4. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the rules as set out in this document
5. Eligibility: Employees of the Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna are prohibited from entering.
6. Conditions: Entrants and their contributions are subject to all international and national laws and regulations applicable in Austria and Sweden.Entries will be erased if the Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna determines that it is illegible or incomplete.
7. By participating in the contest each entrant (and each entrant’s parent or legal guardian) irrevocably grants the Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna the right to use the entrant’s name, photo entry and descriptive text in connection with the Contest and the announcement of winning contributions, and in the advertising and promotion thereof.
8. Entries that are or in any way can be perceived as offensive or harmful to individuals or groups will be excluded from the contest and erased from social media channels.
9. Judging. The contest consists of one round of evaluation unless further evaluation is required due to a tie (see below). Eight finalists and three winners will be chosen by the jury panel. The Jury Panel will evaluate the entries based on the judging criteria message and artistic creativity. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest “message score” will win. Decisions of the Judging Panel are final and are not subject to appeal. Judging will take place on or around 4 of June 2018 and parents/legal guardians of the selected entrants will be notified about the outcome in writing (using the information provided at the time of entry) at the latest on 15 of June 2018. The Permanent Representation of Sweden to the United Nations in Vienna shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian for any reason.
10. Third party releases: If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
11. Upon the Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden’s request each entrant or their parents/legal guardians must be prepared to provide (within 7 calendar days of receipt of the request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, and/or from the owner of any material that appears in the photograph entry, granting the entrant permission to reproduce, distribute or display the photograph in connection with the contest in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication of a publication featuring select entries in the Contest; and publication in form of an exhibition highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the contest.
12. Data Privacy. Entrants agree that their names, may be processed, shared and otherwise used for the purposes of the context and any other purposes outlined in these official rules. The data may also be used by the Embassy/Permanent Mission of Sweden in order to verify the participant’s identity and their eligibility to participate in the contest.
13. Entries that break the rules outlined in this document will be disqualified at any time during the contest.