Sweden & Turkey


If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a minor, you need the documents listed below.

Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form, Application for Schengen Visa. ( the form needs to be signed by both parents)
  • A passport or some other valid travel document. (This must be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area / contain at least two empty pages/ copy of all pages with stamp and visas need to be attached to the application / have been issued during the past ten years)
  • Two photographs in passport format, taken straight from the front and not older than six months.
  • Individual travel and health insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Travel and health insurance’

  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. The embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, e.g. in the form of a statement of account from your bank or a wage specification for the past six months. 

  • The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one custodian, a document showing that this is the case must be attached to the application.
  • Copies of the custodians’ ID cards.