If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you must submit all of the following documents.
Please note that it is important to submit all the required documents. Missing documents may cause rejection of the application.
1. Schengen Visa Application form, completed in English, Turkish or Swedish, signed and dated. For minors guardians have to sign the form.
2. Minor under the age of 18 years and travelling alone or with one parent or legal guardian only:
-written consent (approved by a public notary) by the non-travelling parent(s)/legal guardian(s) or proof (approved by a public notary) of sole custody of the travelling parent/legal guardian.
3. Complete extract of the civil registry with a readable QR code
4. Travel arrangments: flight reservation, other proof of intended means of transport, or proof of travel itinerary
5. Proof of accommodation: evidence of hotel booking or other proof of accommodation.
6. Certificate from a medical doctor and/or a medical institution from the applicant’s country of residence
7. An official document of the receiving medical institution in Sweden confirming that it can perform the specific medical treatment and the patient will be accepted accordingly as well as information on the cost of the treatment
8. Proof of sufficient financial means to pay for the medical treatment and related expenses
9. Any other correspondence between the sending medical doctor and the receiving hospital, if available
10. a) Employees:
-letter from employer and/or approval for leave containing the
following information: indication of the consulate that the document is
addressed to; the employee's name and passport number; date of start of
employment and function; length of the leave and whether it is paid or
unpaid leave, employer's contact details; name and position of the person
signing the letter.
-SGK (social security) statement of employment (Sigortalı İşe Giriş
Bildirgesi) and SGK registration and service document (SGK tescil ve
hizmet dökümü) with a readable QR code.
-farm certificate issued by a chamber of agriculture.
c) Company owners:
-the company registration in the chamber of commerce and copy of the
bulletin of the trade register
-statement of taxes payment
-company activity certificate (Faaliyet Belgesi)
-Higher education: student certificate issued by the Council of Higher
Education in Turkey (YÖK) with a readable QR-code.
-Other students: student certificate
11. Proof of means of subsistence a) bank account statement showing movements over the last 3 months, proving the source of regular income, and b) proof of regular income, such as salary slips of the last three months (or similar), c) pensioner booklet if relevant
12. Proof of full or partial prepayment, if relevant
13. 1 photograph taken in the last six months, 35x45 mm in size with a white background (photo is not needed for applicants who apply in person)
14. Photocopies of passport (all pages with personel information, visas and entry/exit stamps during the last six months) Passport should be valid at least further 3 months after the date of return, must be issued within the last 10 years and contain at least 2 blank pages
15. Travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of 30.000 Euro, valid for all Schengen Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay
16. Non-Turkish nationals:
- proof of residence permit in Turkey valid three months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States (requirement does not apply to Iraqi and Syrian applicants)
17. Iraqi citizens must show their National ID-card in original + submit a copy along with its translation
Note Additional documents might be required by Consulate General.
An application can be submitted at the earliest 6 months before the planned trip.
A visa does not provide automatic permission to enter into the Schengen Area. It is up to the border control authorities to decide on the entry. It is therefore important that you, at the border, can present documents such as return ticket, insurance, means of support and invitation.