As a family member of an EU/EEA citizen exercising their right of free movement in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC you have the right to travel to Sweden together with your family member or join them in Sweden to settle there.
PLEASE NOTE that Swedish citizens living in Sweden are NOT exercising EU treaty rights. More information about EU/ EEA citizens is available on the Swedish Migration Agency webpage.
All family members of an EU or EEA national applying for a visa must at submit the following obligatory supporting documents:
1. Application for Schengen Visa (118031 or 119031), completely filled, signed and dated.
2. Passport and its copy of the page with biometric data and previous Schengen visas. The passport should be valid at least a further three (3) months after the date of expiry of the visa and shall contain at least two blank pages.
3. Two (2) photograph 35 x 40 mm in colour, not older than 6 months. The photograph must show full face and taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background. The photoghraphs must not be altered.
4. Extract of family registration (barkodlu nüfus kayıt örneği) or other documents proving family ties the EU/EEA citizen in Sweden:
5. Copy of passport/ID document of the EU/EEA citizen
6. If EU/EEA citizen is settled in Sweden; the personbevis (from Skatteverket) document showing right of residence in Sweden through work, studies or sufficient funds
If EU/EEA citizen is not settled in Sweden; then document showing the concrete plan to settle in Sweden
7. Residence permit for foreigners: Copy of Turkish residence permit for non-Turkish applicants. Requirement does not apply for Iraqi and Syrian citizens.
8. Iraqi citizens must submit their National ID-card and documents proving family ties in original + submit a copy along with its translation.
9. For non-Turkish citizens, an appointment must be made through VFS Global for direct submission at the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul.
10. The Consulate General of Sweden has the right to request additional documents.
Swedish Migration Agency on EES family members