As a family member of an EU/EEA citizen exercising their right of free movement in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC you have the right to travel to Sweden together with your family member or join them in Sweden to settle there.
PLEASE NOTE that Swedish citizens living in Sweden are NOT exercising EU treaty rights. More information about EU/ EEA citizens is available on the Swedish Migration Agency webpage.
All family members of an EU or EEA national applying for a visa must at submit the following obligatory supporting documents:
1. Application for Schengen Visa (118031 or 119031), completed except the field 21, 22, 30, 31 marked with " * ", signed and dated.
2. Extract from Turkish family book or other documents proving family ties
the EU/EEA citizen in Sweden:
a) Husband or wife/registered partner/common-law spouse
b) A child under the age of 21 or an older child who is financially
dependent on its parents
c) Parents who are financially dependent on children in Sweden.
d) Other dependent family members
3. Copy of passport/ID document of the EU/EEA citizen
4. -If EU/EEA citizen is settled in Sweden, the personbevis (from Skatteverket)
-If EU/EEA citizen is settled in Sweden, then document showing right of
residence in Sweden through work, studies or sufficient funds
-If EU/EEA citizen is not settled in Sweden, then document showing the
concrete plan to settle in Sweden
5. One (1) Biometric photograph 35 x 45 mm. which is not older than six (6) months (Photo is not needed for applicant’s applying in person).
6. Passport/travel document which has at least 2 blank pages and issued in the last 10 years and the copies of all pages with personal information and visas
7. Residence permit for foreigners: Copy of Turkish residence permit for non-Turkish applicants. Requirement does not apply for Iraqi and Syrian citizens
8. Iraqi citizens must submit their National ID-card and documents proving family ties in original + submit a copy along with its translation.
9. For non-Turkish citizens an appointment must be made through VFS for direct submission at the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul
10. The family member of the EU/EEA citizen residing in Sweden does not need to pay the visa application fee. Please note that the family member still has to pay the VFS Service Fee. Please note that Swedish citizen living in Sweden has to pay the visa fee as they are not exercising EU treaty rights and they do therefore not hold a right of residence based on Directive 2004/38/EC in their home country, unless they have recently moved back to Sweden from another EU/EEA country.
Note Additional documents might be required by Consulate General.
An application can be submitted at the earliest 6 months before the planned trip.
Swedish Migration Agency on EES family members