If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a tourist, you need the documents listed below. For sports and cultural visits, please check the part at the end of the page below.
• A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
• An original bank receipt confirming payment of the application fee.
• A passport or some other valid travel document. (This must be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area / contain at least two empty pages/ copy of all pages with stamp and visas need to be attached to the application / have been issued during the past ten years)
• Two (2) photographs in passport format, taken straight from the front and not older than six months.
• Individual travel and health insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons.
The insurance is to cover costs totalling at least EUR 30 000 and be valid in all Schengen countries and throughout your stay.
Read more under ‘Travel and health insurance’
• Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay submitted in the form of 3 months bank statement.
• Travel plan: when and where to stay, and the means of transportation.
• Hotel and flight reservations.
• The following documents shall be presented by either of the categories:
(a) If the applicant is employed:
(b) If the applicant is a farmer:
(c) If applicant is employed by or owner of a private company:
(d) If the applicant is retired:
(e) If the applicant is a student:
(f) If the applicant is a minor/under age 18 and travelling alone or with one parent or legal guardian only:
(g) If the applicant is a non-Turkish citizen:
(h) If the applicant is an Iraqi citizen:
For cultural or sports visits, along with the above mentioned documents, the following documents regarding the purpose of the visit, for either of the categories are required:
(a) For cultural events or conferences:
(b) For sporting events: