• English

Sweden & Tanzania

Tourist visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or Iceland as a tourist, you need the documents listed below.

When you visit the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the online or paper application form which has to be signed by you.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English

Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin in any language other than English or Swedish must be submitted together with a translation.

Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself at the Embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must also be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden or Iceland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • A detailed travel plan.
  • A copy of your hotel and air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before your visa has been granted).
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general,  Sweden  requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have   paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives (see visiting relatives and friends). The Embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, i.e. in the form of a bank statment or salary slips for the past three months. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • If employed, original and signed letter from your current employer on official company paper with contact information, stating your occupation in Tanzania, the continuing employment after granted period of leave and duration of stay in Sweden or Iceland (giving both arrival and departure dates).
  • If student, copies of your student card and official document confirming student status from your educational institution. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • If self-employed business owner, copies of your certificate of business license and tax registration from TRA. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • If retired or unemployed, copies of any other proof of regular income or property ownership. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
Last updated 16 Nov 2017, 1.35 PM