• English

Sweden & Tanzania

Minors – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or Iceland as a minor, you need the documents listed below.

Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.

When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the application form in original and it has to be signed by the minor's legal custodians. A minor is not permitted to apply via the online application if he/she is traveling on their own. In that case, a paper application must be submitted.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English

Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin in any language other than English or Swedish must be submitted together with a translation.

Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself at the Embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must also be able to  present any of the documents originating from Sweden or Iceland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’,
  • All extra documents required for the purpose of the visit (visiting relatives/friends, sports/cultural visit).
  • The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one custodian, a document (such as a court decision or death certificate) showing that this is the case must be attached to the application.
  • Birth certificate of the applicant with the applicant's parents' names.
  • Copies of the custodians’ passports or valid official identifications.

You can find the consent form here: Letter of consent

Last updated 16 Nov 2017, 1.36 PM