Business visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or Iceland on business, you need the documents listed below.
When you visit the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the online or paper application form which has to be signed by you.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English.
Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin in any language other than English or Swedish must be submitted together with a translation.
Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself at the Embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must also be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden or Iceland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
- An introduction letter from your company/organization in Tanzania signed by an authorised person other than yourself with contact information, stating your position, responsibilities and the length of the employment. The letter must also certify that you will be visiting the Swedish or Icelandic company on behalf of your company/employer, and should explain the purpose of the visit.
- Copies of your company's certificate or registration and business licence. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- Your company's bank statement for the last three months and your personal bankstatement for the last three months if you are self-employed. If you/your company are paying for the trip and up-keep you must prove that you/your company have sufficient means for the stay in the Schengen area. The document must relate to your company/yourself. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- A copy of your hotel booking.
- Copies of marriage certificate and birth certificate of children, if applicable. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- An invitation letter with contact information from the company or organisation in Sweden or Icelandshowing the duration, purpose of the visit and who will be responsible for supporting you financially during your stay.
- Copy of the inviting company's certificate of incorporation (registreringsbevis found at Bolagsverket in Sweden).