• English

Sweden & Tanzania

Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to  submit  a hard copy the application form. Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself to the Embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden or Iceland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form.
  • A receipt confirming payment of the application fee to Standard Chartered Bank if you have not paid online.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document. The passport must be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area, contain at least two empty pages and have been issued during the past ten years. A copy of original passport data page and of all Schengen visas, including previous passports if a new passport has been issued within the last year.
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Insurance policies should be handed in at the same time as  the application, and failure to submit an insurance is grounds for rejection. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’.
  • A copy of air ticket booking (NOTE: we advise you not to pay for air tickets before before your visa has been granted).
  • For non-Tanzanian citizens, a copy of your work permit and/or residence permit in Tanzania. Originals to be shown upon request at the Embassy.

If any of the above documents are missing, the application will not be taken up for examination.

Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu below.

If you are under 18 years of age or are accompanied by children, additional documents as described under Minors are required.

Be aware that if you are going to Sweden for some form of performance or to carry out work, you may be requested to submit an application of work permit in addition to your visa application.

Last updated 16 Nov 2017, 1.08 PM