• English

Sweden & Sudan

Applying for a visa to visit Sweden or Norway

If you intend to visit Sweden or Norway and are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may need a visa. A visa is a permit to travel to and stay in a country for a maximum of 90 days. If you intend to stay in the visiting country for longer than 90 days you will need a visitors’ residence permit. For Norwegian visitors’ residence permit you need to contact Norwegian authorities.

Sweden has lifted the temporary entry ban from all countries. As of 1 April 2022, those who are travelling to Sweden from countries outside the EU/EEA are no longer required to present a negative COVID-19 test, a vaccination certificate, or any other type of certificate.

The statutory requirement to obtain a negative test prior to travel to Norway and the requirement to register entry into Norway upon arrival have also both been discontinued.

General information 
Here you can find information such as:

  • Which nationalities need a visa to travel to Sweden
  • Where to apply
  • Reasons to apply
  • When to apply
  • Duration of validity of the visa

Follow the link for more information General Schengen visa information.

Applying for Schengen Visa

The Swedish Embassy in Khartoum handles Schengen visa applications to Sweden and Norway.

If you want to book an appointment in order to apply for a Schengen visa, please follow the link for further information How to apply.

Granted visa applications

If you have been granted a visa, make sure to read the following information. Granted visa applications.

Rejected visa applications

If you have questions about what happens if you get rejected or if you want information on how to appeal follow this link. Rejection of visa applications.


You can also contact us via phone or e-mail. Visit the contact page for more information.