• English

Sweden & South Korea

Required documents to apply for a visa

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below.


A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning. Check HERE which additional documents you need for the type of visit you wish to make.


The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

> A completed and signed application form no. 119031, “Application for Schengen Visa”.

 > A passport or some other valid travel document.

     This must:
     - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the      Schengen area
     - contain at least two empty pages
     - have been issued during the past ten years.

> Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance

> Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. The embassy requires proof that you can support yourself in the form of a statement of account from your bank. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so. 

> A return ticket.

> Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu for other visiting purposes.

> Korean Alien Registration Card

> Employment Certificate or Certificate from University showing that you ar studying

> Fee (Please contact the Embassy for more details.)

> In order to submit your application at the Embassy(Monday-Friday between 10:00-11:30), you will need to make an appointment at migration-konsulart.seoul@gov.se.

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the related page.

>> Link

Application for Schengen Visa, form no. 119031

Required documents to apply for a visa

Last updated 15 Dec 2023, 9.07 AM