Apply for a visa
Stockholm view Photo: Ola Ericson
The Embassy cooperates with external service provider - VFS Global. You present your application to VFS Global, and they can also provide you with information and other kinds of service. When the decision has come through, you collect your passport and your visa at VFS Global.
VFS Global charge a service fee per application (over and above the visa fee) for their services and visa applications can be submitted in 20 cities in Russia. Check the VFS Global website for the application centre’s address and opening hours and for other practical information.
The following categories of applicants, SHALL still lodge their visa applications directly at the Embassy (no need to make an appointment):
- Diplomats and their close relatives
- Guests of the Embassy and the Trade Representation of the Russian Federation in Sweden
- Applicants with nota verbal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Applicants applying for a national visa (D visa).
- Applicants applying for an urgent visa (in case the departure is within 3).
The applicant must appear in person at the Embassy.
Urgent visa is issued in case of unforeseen emergency (for example funeral, medical treatment, urgent business meeting etc). You shall provide documents confirming your situation (for example, medical certificates, explanation letter from the inviting organization etc).
The invitation from the companies must indicate the date and time of the planned event. And you also must provide tickets for the trip.
The following categories MAY lodge their application directly at the Embassy:
- Applicants who are family members (spouse, registered partner, dependent child under the age of 21) of other (not Swedish) EU/EEA nationals, if they travel together or visit them.
As a rule the residents of Donbas have to apply for a visa at the Embassy of Sweden in Kyiv, regardless of the travel document they hold.
Be noticed Ukrainian biometric passport holders do not need a visa to travel to the Schengen area (as well as in the territories of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania).
Avoid other people selling services
Please note that the embassy only cooperates with VFS Global. The embassy has nothing to do with sellers outside the premises of the embassy or the VFS Global office who offer services for payment. No sellers can influence either the processing period or the decision.