• English

Sweden & Kenya

Visit Sweden for longer than 90 days

In case you want to visit Sweden for a period longer than 90 days, you can apply for a residence permit for visiting Sweden. Under certain exceptional circumstances you can also apply for a national visa. Please visit "Application fees" for more information about the application fee.

Applictions for residence permits for visiting Sweden are submitted at the Embassy. You need to make an appointment via email to embassy.nairobi-visa@gov.se, and you will be given a time and details on what documents to bring with you to your appointment. After submission, the Embassy will forward your application to the Swedish Migration Agency who will make a decision in your case. You can read more about residence permits for visiting Sweden on the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

Applications for national visas are submitted at and decided on by the Embassy. If you have special reasons for wanting to stay in Sweden for longer than 90 days, kindly email the Embassy on ambassaden.nairobi-visum@gov.se with your personal information and we will guide you to what permit or visa to apply for.

Last updated 22 Apr 2022, 4.16 PM