• English

Sweden & Japan

Tourist visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a tourist, you need the documents listed below.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • Itinerary - detailed travel plan in chronological order and table form
  • Copy of your hotel booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation before your visa has been granted)
  • Booking conformation of domestic transportation in the Schengen area including Sweden if you travel around
  • Relation to Japan:  If you are employed: - Certificate of employment - Approval for leaves (Some kind of document that shows your leaves are approved) If you have your own company or you are self-employed: Certificate of registration of the company If you are a student - Certificate of enrolment - Some kind of proof that you don't need to go to school during the trip If you are unemployed or housewife/husband - Certificate of residency (Jyuminhyo)

* The Embassy reserves itself the right to ask for supplementary documents if needed.