This may require longer time to process the application. If you however cannot or do not wish to apply online, you present your application forms and other documents in person at the Swedish embassy.
If you cannot or do not wish to apply online, you present your application forms and other documents in person at the Swedish embassy. You have to make an appointment, and the processing period may be longer. How to proceed:
1. Prepare the documentation Check which documents and personal information you need. You must for instance have arranged for a passport and have booked an air ticket (although we advise you to delay payment until your visa has been granted), and you must also have an invitation from the person you will be visiting in Sweden.
Read more under ‘Required documents’.
2. Make an appointment In order to submit a visa application in person, you must first make an appointment by phone. Telephone hours and number are as follows;
Telephone hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday except embassy holidays between 11:00 am and 12:00 noon
Phone number: 03-5562-5050 ext. 2
Your appointment will normally be scheduled only to 14:00 between Monday and Thusday.
It is not possible to make appointments through the embassy’s switchboard operator, other sections, or e-mail. Personal visits to the embassy will not result in any kind of preferential treatment, such as being given priority in the queue, in relation to those making appointments.
3. Pay the application fee All applicants will have to pay the application fee to the embassy in cash or Visa/Master Card with the application if you apply to the embassy in person.
4. Visit the embassy Bring the completed application form, all the required documents and a receipt of payment to the embassy at the appointed time. If you do not have all the documents with you, there is a risk that your application will be rejected. During the visit, you may be required to answer some additional questions and also provide some additional documents (this is based case by case). Furthermore, applicants must have his or her photograph and fingerprints taken.
All family members who apply at the same time – including children – must visit the embassy.
You can find the address of the embassy under ‘Contact’ in the menu on the left.
5. Wait for the decision The decision is usually made within 15 days.
Visa section on the website of the Swedish Migration Agency you can check the status of your application. You can check the following student permit, work permit, residence permit, residence card, passport, Swedish citizenship and asylum application.Check your application.
Your passport is normally kept by the embassy during the processing time. After making the decision, a visa sticker will be affixed into the passport and it will be returned to you by the mailer “Letter-pack Plus”, which you submit when you visit the embassy. You may also come to the embassy to pick up the passport during the embassy’s visiting hours. If you prefer to do so, please request that to the embassy when you visit it.