• English

Sweden & Germany

Required documents

If you apply for a work permit, you usually need to enclose the documents below. Special rules and forms may apply in the case of certain occupations.

Read more on the Swedish Migration Agency website:
Swedish Migration Agency

If you apply online, you attach the documents electronically. If you apply on a paper form, you have to submit all the required documents by post or bring them in person to the embassy, together with the completed form.

You need:

  • An application form (if you are not applying online).
    There are different forms for different types of work permits.
  • Copies of the pages in your passport that show your personal data, period of validity and whether you have permission to live in a country other than your country of origin.
  • The offer of employment, a union statement of opinion, and any other documents you may have received from your employer.

Accompanying family

If your family is accompanying you to Sweden, you can apply on their behalf in your own application.

If you use a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, the family members are to use form no. 133011, Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons.
Application guide:

Read more on the Swedish Migration Agency website which documents you need to attach for your family:
Swedish Migration Agency website

Last updated 29 Dec 2017, 4.01 PM