• English

Sweden abroad Bangladesh

Welcome to Sweden Abroad. It's the official website of the Swedish embassies and consulates and includes all the websites of Sweden's mission abroad.

Visiting relatives and friends - Extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.

The required documents should be submitted in original. However if you have a desire to keep the originals you are advised to bring copies as well and they will normally be accepted if they correspond with the originals. The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation into the mentioned languages by an authorised translator.

If you are visiting a family member who is an EU-citizen, special rules apply. See the menu on your left.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under "Required documents".
  • Marriage certificate if your spouse is an co-applicant.
  • Birth certificate if your child is a co-applicant. The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one custodian, a document showing that this is the case must be attached to the application. A guardian present when applying or an adult to whom it has been given consent.  Read more under "Minors-extra document"

Documents concerning the relative or friend in Sweden

You must also attach documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden.

You must have:

  • Form no. 241011: Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you. If your destination is one of the represented countries please replace "Sweden" with that country. You must submit the original form and it must be completed and signed by the relative or friend wishing to invite you.
  • Civic registration/family certificate for the relative/friend in country of destination.
  • Marriage certificate if you intend to visit your spouse.
  • Birth certificate if you are visit your child/children.
  • And – if the relative/friend will be paying for your support in Sweden – his/her pay slip, pension statement or statement of account for the past three months.
  • Copy of the passport or similar identification of the relative or friend you intend to visit.
  • Documents from school or employer granting you leave for the period of the intended stay in the Schengen area.


Last updated 14 Dec 2017, 10.13 AM