Tourist visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or to any of the represented countries as a tourist, you need the documents listed below.
All the documents have to be submitted in original. However if you have a desire to keep the originals bring copies as well, normally they will be accepted. The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the
authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation into one of the mentioned languages by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under "Required documents".
- Marriage certificate if your spouse is an co-applicant.
- Birth certificate if your child is a co-applicant. The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one custodian, a document showing that this is the case must be attached to the application. A guardian present when applying or an adult to whom it has been given consent. Read more under "Minors-extra document".
- A detailed travel plan
- A copy of your hotel and air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before your visa has been granted).
- Documents from school or employer granting you leave for the period of the intended stay in the Schengen area.