Welcome to Sweden Abroad. It's the official website of the Swedish embassies and consulates and includes all the websites of Sweden's mission abroad.
Business visit and official visit- extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or the represented countries on business, you need the documents listed below.
The applicant must submit supporting documents in both original and as a photocopy. The original documents will be reviewed and returned. The Embassy only accept photocopies in A4 size paper.
You must submit:
1. A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
2. A valid passport (valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area, contain at least two empty pages for visa purpose and schould have been issued during the past ten years).
3. One photograph in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months.
4. Proof of accomodation and air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before before your visa has been granted).
5. Travel Health Insurence (valid for all Schengen countires which covers medical expences at minimum of 30,000/-EUR). Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
6. Proof of personal civil status: marriage certificate and birth certficates of children
7. Personal bank statement (minimum for the last three months).
8. Original invitation letter from the company or organisation in the country of destination, stating both the duration and purpose of the visit and who will be responsible for supporting you financially during your stay (in Swedish or English).
9. Documents showing the existence of trade relations or relations for work purposes.
10. Documents proving the business activities of the company; Examples: Contracts, payment of invoices, list of orders.
11. Documents proving the applicant's employment status in the company. If you are the proprietor; statement regarding the business trip from the board of the company in Bangladesh .
12. Proof of the solvency of applicant´s or/ employer’s company, if the company pays the costs of travel and living.
13. Entry tickets for fairs and congresses, if appropriate. The Embassy considers all cases individually, which is why family members who are co-applicants must hand in all required documents for their respective applications. You will find a list of which documents that is needed under 'Required documents'.
All forms must be completed either in Swedish or English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation into one of the mentioned languages by an authorised translator.