• English

Sweden abroad Bangladesh

Welcome to Sweden Abroad. It's the official website of the Swedish embassies and consulates and includes all the websites of Sweden's mission abroad.

Apply for a work permit

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

The quickest and easiest way to apply for a work permit is to do so online. Applications over the internet go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency and are given priority.

Swedish Migration Agency web application

If you do not wish to apply online, you can book an appointment at the Swedish Embassy. To book an appointment, please contact us by e-mail at

For inquiries, please contact us by e-mail at or by phone at +8802 55668525 or +880 2 01777 763880 (Sundays to Thursdays 3pm - 4pm).

Rules and required documents

Read in the menu on the left about which rules apply, which documents are required and how you make your application.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find comprehensive information at the website Working in Sweden.

Working in Sweden

Apply for a work permit

In order t o work in Sweden, you must have a work permit.

Read more